Saturday, April 11, 2015

I am getting really sick of  Grandma / Nanna discrimination. Nanna nap. Nanna cardigan. Grandma can't work the remote. Really. REALLY.
I am a 56 yo grandmother. I trained on computers before floppy disk drives were invented.  I watched Star Wars A New Hope on the big screen before it was ever called A New Hope. Actually before most of you Star Wars fans were born.  l stayed at home and risked my day career of  computer operator, to look after my kids. I then worked as a house cleaner during school hours so I could make ends meet but still be at home after school hours. I worked  night and day when they were older as an entertainer to  earn a living . Karaoke compare, spruiker, singing telegrams, toy demonstrator, games host etc etc.  I had an agent and had to do many different jobs  I was even a compare of a male strip show once.  I requested never to do that one again as some ladies are just not , we'll just not ladies.  I was on the internet before it was called the Internet. I started at the bottom again to kick start my career when my kids were old enough to come home from school and be at home on their own. I trained and retrained. I trained myself at home at night on computers so I could catch up on technology.
I am sure I can set up a TV, DVD, PC, IPad , iPhone surround sound system better than most of you. Computers ha I challenge you that I can get your personal PC working better than it is now. I now work full time Monday to Friday as  a PA and do house cleaning, washing, entertaining my kids and grandkids on the weekends. Could someone please explain what a Nanna nap is.
I would like to have my own business setting up Technology for others in their home and teaching them how to do it for themselves if they want to learn or happy to do it for them so they don't have to have condescending relatives do it. My problem with doing this is the thought of how do I pay my debts while I try to kick start a new beginning AGAIN. REALLY. There are many anti discrimination groups well it's time for an anti Nanna discrimination group.

No comments:

Post a Comment